My medical practice is exclusively dedicated to geriatric consultation, and is meant to supplement existing primary care. I especially focus on helping families, care managers, and fiduciaries who would like assistance in managing an older adult’s health needs.
- For older adults located within the Bay Area, my consultations are based on housecalls, with frequent phone and email follow-up as needed.
- I’m available to see patients in San Francisco, Marin, the East Bay, and the Peninsula.
- For older adults outside the Bay Area, but within California, I can also provide geriatric consultation via video visit, with phone and email follow-up as needed.
- For more information on a telemedicine geriatrics consultation, click here.
- Worried about an older adult located outside of California? During a one-on-one geriatrics health education session, I can help you better understand laboratory results, medication lists, or other health information. The goal of these sessions is generally to help you identify useful questions to ask your older loved one’s doctors.
- Learn more about my one-on-one geriatrics health education sessions here.
- You can also find lots of helpful information in the “Geriatrics for Caregivers” section of my website.
As a former primary care physician, I understand the challenges that older adults and their families often face in getting the right care and support from busy primary care providers and specialists. Because geriatrics is a specialty focused on the special medical and wellness needs of the elderly, my consultation services can help address important issues that other doctors may not have the time or expertise to address.
How I can help you
My geriatric consultation services can help older patients and their families
- Address medical challenges particular to the elderly, such as
- Memory problems, including Alzheimer’s and other dementias
- Multiple chronic conditions
- Declines in independence
- Repeat hospitalizations
- Care coordination
- End-of-life care coordination
- Help you to understand your overall health situation, how to maintain optimum well-being and quality of life, and how to prolong independence
- Help you get the care needed from the health system, and show you how to best work with the system
- Coordinate care among multiple doctors, or with geriatric care managers
- Review medications and identify those that tend to affect elders
- Navigate a difficult medical decision or hospital situation
- Assess the match between preferences and the care currently being obtained from the medical system, and suggest improvements
- Complete advance directives or living wills
- Plan for present and future housing and care needs
Please email email@example.com, to find out more about my practice, or to request a consultation.