Note: As of 2022, I am not currently taking new patients or doing individual consultations.
If you are concerned about an aging parent, you CAN still talk to me and get my guidance, through my online Helping Older Parents programs.
These programs include twice monthly live QA calls with me, and also twice monthly live QA calls with veteran geriatric care managers. If you join the Helping Older Parents Membership, you also can get our guidance more quickly through our private online membership forum.
I am pleased to be focusing on these online programs, as this allows much more affordable access to my expertise, and these programs allow me to help more families.
Learn more here: Dr. Kernisan’s Helping Older Parents programs.
About my geriatrics practice (currently on hold)
My practice (currently on hold) is exclusively dedicated to geriatric consultation, and is based on making housecalls, with frequent phone and email follow-up as needed.
I’m happy to consult with families, care managers, and fiduciaries who would like assistance in managing an older adult’s health needs.
As a former primary care physician, I understand the challenges that older adults and their families often face in getting the right care and support from busy primary care providers and specialists. Because geriatrics is a specialty focused on the special medical and wellness needs of the elderly, my consultation services can help address important issues that other doctors may not have the time or expertise to address.
How I can help you
My geriatric consultation services (currently on hold) can help older patients and their families
- Address medical challenges particular to the elderly, such as
- Memory problems, including Alzheimer’s and other dementias
- Multiple chronic conditions
- Declines in independence
- Repeat hospitalizations
- Care coordination
- End-of-life care coordination
- Help you to understand your overall health situation, how to maintain optimum well-being and quality of life, and how to prolong independence
- Help you get the care needed from the health system, and show you how to best work with the system
- Coordinate care among multiple doctors, or with geriatric care managers
- Review medications and identify those that tend to affect elders
- Navigate a difficult medical decision or hospital situation
- Assess the match between preferences and the care currently being obtained from the medical system, and suggest improvements
- Complete advance directives or living wills
- Plan for present and future housing and care needs
Note: I am not currently offering individual consultations or housecalls, but you CAN talk to me and get my guidance on most issues listed above, through one of my online programs. Please click here for more information. You can also send an email to email@example.com.